- First, I want to welcome three new members: Tony Furrh, Donna Furrh and Corey Roysdon. Although formal church membership isn’t expressly taught in Scripture it is a great way for us to “do all things decently and in order”. If you have any questions about it please contact Pastor Al or an elder.
- A huge THANK YOU to all who helped organize and serve at last Sunday’s Softball & BBQ. Thank you Tom Edelen and Alan Holthus for organizing it. Thank you Rick Thorson for cooking over 100 hamburgers and hotdogs. And thank you to all who made pies and brought food! An awesome time!
- The proposed budget was approved this last Sunday. Thank you to all who stuck around to vote.
A personal note from Al & Susie –
- We will be taking a vacation week next week. We will leave Monday and head up to Mammoth Lakes to celebrate our 38th We will see you next Sunday. Have a great week. Eddie Senterfitt will be preaching on the 25th. I’m looking forward to hear him share the Word with us!
From the Word…
No one likes to be cut, it is what you call an unpleasant feeling! But there are times it is good – as in an operation. Acts 2:37 records that the people who heard Peter preach the very first sermon were “cut to the heart”. Spiritual operations can be quite painful but they are always GOOD! Has God been operating on your heart? Thank Him and grow!
Sermon this Sunday…
John 15:1-11 - It’s All About Joy! – Jesus said, “I am the true vine”! He is our nourishment, our connection, our JOY!
Christian Life 101 (Bible, Prayer, Serving, Giving, Sharing)
We all love to swap stories. At least we like to hear them. Get a group of friends together and watch the stories flow. Many feel that their spiritual story is not special. By that they mean their story isn’t impressive. But it’s still your story and it is the way God chose to bring you to faith. Sharing your story is one of the most effective ways to share the good news of Jesus Christ. Ask God for an opportunity this week to share YOUR spiritual story.
Praise & Prayer…
- For Josh Hatch on deployment and for his family here at home.
- Praise that Rick Thorson’s surgery went very well. He is coming home today from the hospital. Keep praying for a quick and successful recovery!
- Pray for Tony Malanga who had surgery yesterday to implant a stimulator in his back.
- Pray for Tony Ulrich who underwent hand surgery this morning!
- Pray for Nancy Smith having stints put in tomorrow.
- Pray for these health needs…
- Our missionary Adena Wildman – just had surgery for breast cancer
- Nel Dalman struggling to keep blood sugar under control. They will hear results of bone marrow biopsy on the 16th.
- Joe Lauterbach had a CT scan June 9th checking for possible stroke. He is awaiting results.
- Continue to pray for healing and grace for those facing long term physical challenges; for Herschel; for Nancy Holthus; for Sarolly Palomares; Donna Mae; Pattie Franklin; for Tony Malanga; for Heidi Ryon; for Patty Schiano (if you know someone who should be on this list please let me know, it might be yourself!)
- Our missionaries… Dave and Patsy Alfors / Dave and Janet Miles / Dan and Kathy Stowell / Randy & Adena Wildman / Dr Sam with Hopegivers / Tom & Pam Wolski / Rhett & Stacy Stous / Matthew & Jessica Preece.
In His Grace,